Here is the recipe for the chili I have raved to everyone about. I have found many variations online but this is the one that is perfect for me and my family (and coworkers)!
- 1-1/2 – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into “chunks”
- 1 medium onion, chopped to your liking (depending on who is eating it, I might even mince)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Makes about 7 servings.
- It is fabulous with red pepper flakes!
Also – you can put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook that way – just don’t add the sour cream or heavy cream until just before you serve it!
One thought on “White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe”
Oh goodness…maybe I could even make this!