- Don’t be selfish.
- Don’t do things out of desire for advancement or self promotion.
- Don’t be conceited.
- Think of others as BETTER than yourself. This will give you a natural concern for their needs and concerns.
I am so human. SO human. I am also SO thankful that Jesus is much more than that. That His promises are guarantees. That said, I am going to promise you that I am going to update you, in due time, on all of the changes that have gone on in my life in the last year. I will try to follow through with this but I will likely fail….but I do PROMISE you that I have good intentions! If you have followed or known me long at all, you know that I love lists…so I will just jot down here the changes and come back here to link once I actually type it out!
In 2017 – we……..
- Sold our NC home.
- Lived with my Mom and Dad (and without my hubby!!!) for two months.
- Moved to Texas.
- Road tripped to Austin, Houston, Waco, Arlington, and Galveston.
- Lived in an apartment for several months.
- Started an amazing Bible study, through Community Bible Study.
- Continued weight loss.
- Built a house. An amazing, beautiful, creation if I do say so myself! (see #10 for referenced IG acct to see pics)
- Started backyard projects.
- Started a home decor Instagram page (due to that nagging fear of my friends/family growing tired of me sharing home stuff) at http://www.instagram.com/sweetcharmhouse
- Visited NC in July and December.
- Stepped up our prayer life.
SO, happy Friday and have a great weekend! I’m going to work on my blog catch up posts! 🙂
As I’m attempting to complete the NaBloPoMo blogging party…I’m using some prompts to keep things fresh around here and not just write about MONO! 🙂 Today’s is timely of course…and involves our fabulous election that will take place tomorrow!
What do I think about it? I think it’s a wonderful thing. I am so very proud to live in a country where we are given the right…the ability…the responsibility…the privilege of electing the official that will execute our federal laws. I think it’s sad that some don’t use it…some don’t think it matters…some don’t agree with it. I personally feel very obligated to educate myself on the nominees of local, state and federal offices. I feel that I need to vote with my head AND heart. I know that I need to use my own beliefs and hopes for our country, in order to vote with a strong understand of who and what I’m voting for. It’s hard, with the negative ads from both sides…with the banter on social media sites coming from and at both sides…with the chaos that surrounds the nominees and sorting through it all. When it comes down to it though, I pray. I pray for each nominee and their families. I can’t imagine what they go through, what they are up against. I pray for our country and know that no matter what happens…who wins and who loses, that MY job is to pray. I know who is in charge, in my Lord and Savior. He makes no mistakes and He has His hands on our country, my house and my life…so I have peace in that. Just remember….One nation…under God!!!!! 🙂