So I decided that my update yesterday could have been called vague….and that is surely not ever my goal. I prefer to be clear, pointed and transparent. So, let me seriously give you the lowdown.
- I am tracking along with this illness. (If you’re just learning of my mono issues, you can see the old news here.)
- I can expect another 2-3 weeks of feeling bad….but hopefully will make the turn soon and be able to join the living again.
- For the next 6-9 weeks I will be especially susceptible to pneumonia, bronchitis, strep, colds and have the increased risk of hepatitis so my liver functions will be tested regularly.
- I have an ear infection so he gave me antibiotics for that, which of course go great with anyone’s tummy right? (Blah!!)
- Since I have a “weakened immune system”, I am to limit exposure to known sick individuals and to go to the doctor if I have the teeny tiny beginning signs of a cold, sore throat or any fever.
- I am normal. Several symptoms made me wonder if I was…and I am. Not sure if I’m happy or sad about that!!!
- The dizziness should get better over the next few weeks. He is hopeful that it will not last the duration of this illness (which is about 12 weeks total).
- I should not be taking anything for sleep. I asked because I am so off on my sleep patterns. He wants me to sleep when I am sleepy and not worry about when that is.
That’s all, folks! I seriously want to thank those of you who ask about me daily, who have called, emailed, texted to check on me, those who’ve sent things, those who have prayed. I appreciate you all so much. This has been more than I ever could have imagined so I truly am most grateful for one thing – PATIENCE. I’m not really good at it….but I’ve learned more than ever who is…my husband has been so loving and patient through this, I can’t even express how much of a difference that makes. My sweet mother has been especially kind and helpful. My kids have been totally understanding and have seemed to enjoy doing little things for me and I have to tell you that their handmade cards are the most treasured. My boss has been amazing and easy on me. My colleagues have been absolutely wonderful and have picked up where I left off in a big way. My employees have been receptive to the changes that they have had to endure and have stepped up to make sure things didn’t fall through the cracks. My friends and family have been sweet to check on me. I have had cupcakes, spaghetti, lemon pound cake and flowers delivered….(ohhh thank you to my sweet cousin Diane Thomas for that spaghetti…it was timely and so so so so good!)…and I am so very humbled by the kindness of my loved ones and of strangers as well. From people who have contacted me privately through my blog or people who have found other ways…I just can’t say enough how much it means to me. This has been a hard thing for me for which I’ve had no control. (Possibly that’s the hardest part.) Thanks to you guys for making it a little easier on me. Love you all!!!